We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and committed individual to fill the Secretary position on the BPOS Executive Committee.
SUMMARY OF VACANCY
Duration of post: 3 years
- Organising and taking minutes at the Executive Committee and AGM meetings. Providing an update on membership at said meetings.
- Responding to queries from new and existing members
- Ensuring new memberships details are processed, coordinating yearly payment reminders
- Communicating news and information to members e.g. sending out newsletters, surveys or research of interest, etc. via email
- Conference related activities – liaising with Wiley regarding publication of abstracts etc, responding to queries regarding the conference, supporting the conference organiser as required.
- In conjunction with media rep, ensuring website content is up to date (such as executive committee, members interests document)
- The secretary works closely with BPOS Chair and Treasurer and wider exec committee members as required
- Experience of working in psycho-social oncology (in any related field)
- Excellent organisation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to provide time to deliver activities associated with the secretary role and attend BPOS meetings and events as required
BPOS is a small friendly society founded in 1983 with the aim of advancing and promoting the field of psychosocial oncology. The executive committee oversees the running of the society and is made up of representatives from clinical, nursing, psychiatry, palliative care, psychology and academia as well as postgraduate students and patient representatives. Activities linked to these vacancies will be supported by the wider executive committee as needed.
The BPOS committee meets three times a year (one face to face meeting, the remainder via teleconference) and at the AGM which is usually conducted as part of the yearly conference. Committee members assist with the ongoing development and promotion of the society and contribute to conference planning and organisation of other training and educational events.
All BPOS committee positions are voluntary. The society covers reasonable travel expenses and costs associated with travel to committee meetings and/or accommodation associated with delivering BPOS related events and activities where this is appropriate.
If you are interested in any of these positions, or would like further information please contact Kate Absolom (BPOS Chair) for an informal discussion firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BPOS please take a look at our website http://www.bpos.org/
Applicants are asked to submit a covering letter detailing why they would like to join the committee, along with a short CV, to Sarah Dickinson (email@example.com).
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 9th December 2020. The Executive Committee will decide on appointments.