We are looking for some enthusiastic and committed individuals to fill 3 vacancies on the BPOS Executive Committee.
SUMMARY OF VACANCIES
Role 1 and 2: Student representatives (2 vacancies available to work together)
Duration of post: 2 years
- Supporting the organisation of BPOS student activities including training and educational events, and student activities at the yearly BPOS conference.
- Generating and maintaining links with BPOS students membership via social media or online platforms as appropriate (including Twitter)
- Representing society student membership at BPOS executive committee meetings
- Studying for postgraduate qualification in a psychosocial oncology related subject area
- Professional and enthusiastic
- Good communication skills
Role 3: Media representative
Duration of post: 3 years
- Supporting the design and content of the BPOS newsletter (typically 2 editions per year)
- Supporting the updating and content of the BPOS website.
- Supporting communication with Society membership and social media followers (via Twitter or other platforms as appropriate)
- Experience of psychosocial oncology (e.g. through academic/research, clinical/nursing, /allied health roles, psychology/psychiatry/counselling or other related professional experience)
- Professional and enthusiastic
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience of maintaining social media platforms e.g. Twitter (or willing to learn)
- Experience of using WordPress (or willing to learn)
BPOS is a small friendly society founded in 1983 with the aim of advancing and promoting the field of psychosocial oncology. The executive committee oversees the running of the society and is made up of representatives from clinical, nursing, psychiatry, palliative care, psychology and academia as well as postgraduate students and patient representatives. Activities linked to these vacancies will be supported by the wider executive committee as needed.
The BPOS committee meets three times a year (one face to face meeting, the remainder via teleconference) and at the AGM which is usually conducted as part of the yearly conference. Committee members assist with the ongoing development and promotion of the society and contribute to conference planning and organisation of other training and educational events.
All BPOS committee positions are voluntary and are a great way to meet new people and add to CV experience. The society covers reasonable travel expenses and costs associated with travel to committee meetings and/or accommodation associated with delivering BPOS related events and activities where this is appropriate.
If you are interested in any of these positions, or would like further information please contact Kate Absolom (BPOS Chair) for an informal discussion firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BPOS please take a look around the website http://www.bpos.org/
Applicants are asked to submit a covering letter detailing why they would like to join the committee, along with a short CV, to Sarah Dickinson (email@example.com).
The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd May 2020.The Executive Committee will decide on appointments.