Nominations must be received on or before April 30, 2018. Nominations are being accepting from all over the world!
- Arthur M. Sutherland Award and Memorial Lecture
The Arthur M. Sutherland Award honors an IPOS or psycho-oncology community member with a lifetime achievement in the field of psycho-oncology. This is a late career award and recognizes sustained and distinguished output in psycho-oncology over their whole career. This is the Society’s most important award and reflects the international standing of the recipient.
- Bernard Fox Memorial Award
The Bernard Fox Memorial Award honors an IPOS or psycho-oncology community member who has made an outstanding contribution in education or research to the field of psycho-oncology. The primary focus is on the academic and educational output of the nominee.
- Noemi Fisman Award for Lifetime Clinical Excellence
The Noemi Fisman Award for Lifetime Clinical Excellence honors an IPOS or psycho-oncology community member in recognition of outstanding clinical contributions to the field of psycho-oncology. He/she must have served for a major proportion of his/her career as a clinician and be able to demonstrate novel, beneficial and substantial initiatives impacting directly on the care of patients and his/her families either through their own practice or practice developments.
- Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award
The Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award honors a new investigator for outstanding research contributions in the field of psycho-oncology and is an early career award. Candidates must be within seven years of active work in psycho-oncology after completing his/her postgraduate, fellowship or equivalent specialist training (defined as a PhD or MD or equivalent). This award is sponsored by the Hiroomi Kawano Foundation in Japan.
- Society Distinguished Life Fellowship Award
The Society Distinguished Life Fellowship Award recognizes extraordinary and notable contributions to the organization and success of IPOS. This award is only for one who has made a singular contribution to the Society and its work. The Distinguished Life Fellowship Award is limited to past or present IPOS members.
Please complete the nomination form to submit with your nomination. Nominations for 2018 awards are due by April 30, 2018. Please note:
- All award submissions are to be submitted in PDF format.
- All materials should be submitted in one PDF document per nominee.
- Completed packages should be sent to: email@example.com.
- Confirmation of receipt of nomination will be issued within one business day of receiving. Confirmation will be sent to the nominator.
- Recipients are required to attend the 20th World Congress of Psycho-Oncology, October 31 to November 2, in Hong Kong and will be invited to present during a plenary session. Details on the World Congress can be found by going to http://www.ipos-society.
- Review of all nominations received will take place in May and June with final results emailed to each nominator in July.